The conference will be held on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm at the Rhoades Conference Center at the Robert L. Strickland Center at Forsyth Technical Community College in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Our Keynote Speaker this year is Judith Risch, Senior Attorney Advisor at US Department of Education.
She will be presenting Web Accessibility: The Legal Requirements
Additional Breakout Session Topics Include:
- Educating the Educators: A Systemic Strategy to Connect With and Inform Faculty about Students with Disabilities, Alysia Leak, Central Piedmont Community College
- Determining Reasonable Accommodations for Students with Severe and Chronic Conditions, Nancy Ausherman & Whitney Kimble, East Carolina University
- Managing Accommodations with a Free Database, Sarah Hawks, Forsyth Technical Community College
- Comprehensive Care and Support for the Concussed College Student, Kristin Wharton, Wingate University
- Saying No to Say Yes: A Detailed Look at Determining Eligibility and Reasonable Accommodations, Mark Newmiller, NC State University & Maranda Maxey, Appalachian State University
- Fostering Communication and Cooperation between Access Offices and Testing Centers, Thomas Martin, NC State University
Cost: Member $45, Non-Member $65, and Students $25
We look forward to seeing you on March 19th!