Accessing Higher Ground focuses on the implementation and benefits of:
- Accessible media, Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the university, business and public setting;
- Legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508 compliance;
- The creation of accessible media and information resources, including Web pages and library resources.
For institutions of Higher Education:
- there is a strong focus on campus accommodation, Universal Design and curriculum accessibility.
For businesses and other audiences:
Visit the Accessing Higher Ground website
- there are numerous sessions on best practices for web design, reaching untapped audiences through accessible design, and compliance with existing and anticipated Section 508 and ADA stipulations.
for additional information, including resources from past conferences.