REGISTRATION IS FULL
This 8-week course is designed for Disability Resources staff who want to understand key concepts and practices behind diagnostic assessments.
Respected instructor Rhonda Rapp has taken content from her popular AHEAD workshops and expanded it into an accessible online format to allow participants to dive deeply into the material through video presentations, readings, and hands-on assignments. A listserv-style discussion will allow the class to further explore what they learn each week.
Students should plan 2-3 hours to work on each weekly module. The instructor and AHEAD staff will be available throughout the course to give feedback and support to students as needed.
Concepts covered will include:
- Methods for collecting disability-related background information
- A history of the development of psycho-educational evaluations and what individual tests and subtests are designed to assess
- Exploring the structure and meaning of diagnostic assessments and reports
- How to make informed referrals for service or additional assessment
- How to conduct and interpret behavioral observations of students
- Analyzing student documentation and determining accommodations and services
Short Pre- and Post-tests will help you gauge your knowledge of the material. At the end of class you will receive a certificate of completion equal to 30 hours of class participation.